Volunteer Staff Information
Thank you for your interest in joining the World Spinning® and Sports Conditioning (WSSC) Conference staff assistant program. We are seeking the most motivated, dependable and energetic candidates to help us provide an outstanding experience for every conference attendee. If selected, you’ll be assisting for 1.5 days, and you’ll be free to attend sessions for 1.5 days at no charge so you can earn valuable continuing education credits.
Please thoroughly read the following information and complete the necessary form. We will contact you within two weeks of receiving your application to let you know if you have been selected. The sooner you apply, the better your chances are of securing the positions you prefer.
Once you are confirmed as a staff assistant, we encourage you to book your hotel room at the InterContinental Hotel, the home for WSSC 2018. For more information about the hotel rates that have been set up for the conference, please visit the Travel page
Requirements and Responsibilities
- During the course of the weekend, expect to work for 12 hours total. This equates to half of the conference. Along with those hours, you will be required to attend a mandatory Staff Assistant check-in meeting from 3:00PM – 4:00PM on Thursday, May 31, 2018.
Note: If you are unable to make the meeting due to travel arrangements to notify Volunteer Coordinator Jenn Radford so that another time can be arranged
- Volunteers must work all 12 hours to get their full CEC credit.
- When you are not scheduled to work, you are free to attend and participate in any session you wish on a SPACE-AVAILABLE BASIS. This means that you will not have a guaranteed schedule, but you will have a pass that will grant you entrance to any session after the ticket-holders have entered.
- Staff Assistants are responsible for arranging and paying for their travel, lodging, meals and incidental expenses. We will provide snacks and beverages to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Two of the most important requirements are your energy and a positive attitude!
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to seeing you in Miami.